Monday, March 17, 2014

Tour Kick Off - Meet and Greet - The Man Who Became Frankenstein's Monster by Robert Daicy


General Fiction
Date Published: 1/17/2014

New York, 1926 - Anyone can make a good life for themselves if they are just willing to work hard for it. William Barker is such a man. He has a good job, a nice house, a son named James, and a marriage he is trying desperately to hold together. A tragic accident takes this life away and William finds himself alone in his house with terrible mental and physical scars that are a constant reminder of what happened. With no one willing to employ a man with such visible and disturbing scars, William is lost and has no answers for how to live his life. That is when he meets the man who will change that life forever, Roland Skelton, the owner of Skelton's Spectacular Traveling Carnival. Where others saw a man to be shunned, Roland sees a man he may be able to help. Roland convinces William to join the Carnival as the headliner of the ten-in-one. With the name Frankenstein's Monster, William is a hit with the paying audience and finds that being onstage is a release from his pain and guilt. In time, William realizes that those he works with understand him better than he could have hoped. While working at the carnival, William finds a new happiness, an enemy, purpose, and even love. The Man Who Became Frankenstein's Monster is a moving novel about a man who rises above adversity set against the backdrop of the golden age of the carnival.


Amazon


#1 – Do You See Writing as a Career?  No, writing is something I would do no matter how much I was working.  It is my passion, so I don’t know if I could ever consider it a career.


#2 – What was the Hardest Part of Your Writing Process?  I’ve only recently gotten on better terms with editing, but I struggled with it for a while because I just wanted to write and the editing got in the way of that. 


#3 – Did you have any One Person Who Helped You Out with Your Writing Outside of Your Family?  A teacher I had for probably a dozen English classes in college by the name of Edward Reilly.  He really pushed me to be a better writer and believed in me at a time when I was just learning to believe in myself.


#4 – What is next for your writing?  I have two other books that are available on the Kindle that I’m going to get in print form hopefully in the spring and I’ve finished the rough draft of my third novel and am working on that pesky editing part!


#5 – Do you have an addiction to reading as well as writing? If so, what are you currently reading?  Very much so and I read a bit of everything.  Currently, I’m reading Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton since I have not read it in years and I’m also reading the short stories of Jorges Luis Borges


DESCRIBE Your Book in 1 Tweet:  A moving novel about a man overcoming the obstacles of life set during the golden age of the American carnival.


This or That?

#1 - iPd or Mp3? Mp3

#2 – Chocolate or Vanilla?  Chocolate

#3 – Mashed Potatoes or French Fries?  French Fries

#4 – Comedy or Drama?  Comedy

#5 – Danielle Steel or Nicholas Sparks?  I have not read either.

#6 – Fantasy or Reality?  Fantasy

#7 – Call or Text?  Call

#8 – Public School or Home School Home School

#9 – Coffee or Hot Chocolate?  Hot Chocolate


#10 – eBook or Paperback?  Paperback


I have been writing off and on since I was eight and it has been something I have always loved to do and wanted to do for a living. I tend to write the stories I want to hear and sometimes those stories have a darkness to them on some level whether they are more suspenseful stories or drama. I like to jump around the genres because I do not want to get bored writing the same thing and because I have eclectic taste. I was born and raised in Maine and have lived there most my life and am currently residing in a Victorian house in Fairfield, Maine


March 18 - Clutter Your Kindle - Excerpt
March 19 - Logikal Blog - Guest Post
March 20 - Swipe the Pages - Guest Post
March 21 - Avid Book Collector - Excerpt
March 23 - Andi's Book Reviews - Guest Post
March 25 - Must Read Faster - Excerpt
March 26 - Mommasez - Review
March 27 - A Life Through Books - Interview
March 28 - Hooked in a Book - Review
March 29 - Mythical Books - Guest Post
April 1 - Little Whimsy Books - Review
April 2 - Rythem Poets - Review
April 3 - The Readers Hollow - Review
April 4 - Book Lovers Life - Excerpt
April 5 - Book Publicity Services - Interview
April 7 - My Devotional Thoughts - Review
April 8 - Books Direct - Review
April 9 - D'eBook Sharing Reviews - Excerpt
April 10 - Indie Authors You Want to Read - Excerpt
April 14 - Books A to Z - Excerpt
April 15 - Books in the Burbs - Review
April 16 - My Love for Reading Keeps Growing- Excerpt
April 16 - Kindle Obsessed - Review
April 17 - I'm a Voracious Reader - Review
April 17- RABT Reviews - Wrap Up


No comments:

Post a Comment