Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tour Kick Off - A Shot in the Dark by Jennifer Burrows



Romantic Thriller
Date Published: 7/11/2013

Most of the patients that are brought to the trauma bay in the ER remain nameless, and for the most part, faceless.  For Laney Pearson and the rest of the staff, this makes it easier to move past the senseless death and destruction that they see on an almost daily basis.  But all of that changes for Laney when she finds herself trying to pump the life back into a young motorcycle rider who arrives by helicopter more dead than alive.
Skyler Smith has all the makings of the next great motocross rider, right up until he crashes while trying to perform the trick that will secure his future.  From the time his motionless body is lifted off the track, the question becomes not when his next race takes place, but whether he will live to see another day.  And now there is mounting evidence that the tragedy was no accident
Laney can never envision this boy’s crash and the ensuing investigation will have such an impact on her own life, but in the days that follow, she discovers a life within her she never knew existed.  While the police sort through the mounting evidence from the crash, Laney has to sort through her own feelings for the handsome trauma surgeon that she previously never gave a second thought.  Is he really as charming as he seems, or is there another reality hiding beneath the surface?  And just how long has he been watching her?   




#1 – Do You See Writing as a Career?  Most definitely.  I have just completed the Sequel to A Shot in the Dark.  I am planning to start my next novel in November.

#2 – What was the Hardest Part of Your Writing Process?  The hardest part is sitting down and actually doing the writing.  I’m so busy with my three kids, it’s hard to be regimented.

#3 – Did you have any One Person Who Helped You Out with Your Writing Outside of Your Family?  Liz Goldman helped my so much with editing and pointing out holes in my book that I didn’t see.  I am so appreciative of her help.

#4 – What is next for your writing?  I hope to have Into the Light released by the beginning of next year (keeping my fingers crossed).  The next book I will be writing is set in Italy.  I came up with the story while sitting on a train traveling through the Italian countryside.

#5 – Do you have an addiction to reading as well as writing? If so, what are you currently reading?  I love to read!  I stay up way too late and don’t get the stuff I need to done.  That being said, I’m not reading anything right now.  The last serious I was reading, I was very disappointed in and I didn’t finish it.  I haven’t picked up anything else yet.

This or That?

#1 - iPd or Mp3? Definitely Ipod.  I think I’ve worn mine out.

#2 – Chocolate or Vanilla?  Dark Chocolate please!

#3 – Mashed Potatoes or French Fries? Mc Donalds French Fries

#4 – Comedy or Drama?  Comedy.  I love to laugh and not take life to seriously.

#5 – Danielle Steel or Nicholas Sparks?  I’ve never read Danielle Steel so I’d have to say Nicholas Sparks.

#6 – Fantasy or Reality?  Reality.  However, when I’m reading I do get caught up with the stories and my book boyfriends.

#7 – Call or Text? Text.  It’s much faster.

#8 – Public School or Home School?  Public.  I think there are huge social lessons to be learned by being around other children in a public setting.

#9 – Coffee or Hot Chocolate?  Hot chocolate.  But I usually drink hot tea.  I love the smell of coffee but never drink it.

#10 – eBook or Paperback?  eBook.  Now I don’t have to worry about what to do with all of the books I’ve read.  And, I’ve saved a tree or two.



Jennifer is a Registered Nurse, and she holds a Master’s degree in Nursing Administration.  She has 15 years of experience working in the Emergency Room and the Intensive Care Unit of a major trauma center.  While she is equally adept at all facets of patient care, Emergency room nursing is her passion, and is the inspiration for this story.  Currently, she resides in Southern California with her husband and their three amazing boys.  This is her first published novel, with the sequel expected soon.


Twitter: @jenburrows234 






September 16 - Laurie's Thoughts and Reviews - Interview/PROMO
September 17 -  Livia Ellis - Interview/PROMO
September 18 -  Ramblings of a Book Lunatic - Guest Post/PROMO
September 19 -  Texas Book Nook - Review
September 20 -   Bean Counting Mommy - Review
September 23 -   A Life Through Books - Review
September 24 -   My Reading Addiction - Review
September 25 -   Zili in the Sky Reviews- PROMO
September 26 -   Always Jo Art - PROMO
September 27 -   Up All Night Reviews-  Guest Post/PROMO
September 28 -   Mythical Books - Interview/PROMO
October 1 - Dee's Book Blog - Review/Interview
October 2 - Miss Construed's Reviews - Review
October 3 - Books and Tales - Interview/PROMO
October 4 - Must Read Faster - PROMO
October 5 - Lov Liv Life Reviews - Guest Post/PROMO
October 6 - Perusing Princess - Interview/PROMO
October 7 - Book Suburbia - Guest Post/PROMO 
October 8 - Dalene's Book Reviews - Interview/PROMO
October 9 - My Cozie Corner - Review
October 9 - Queen of All She Reads - Review
October 10 - Literary Nook - Review
October 11 - RABT Reviews - Review


No comments:

Post a Comment